Impossible to install digikam 5.8.0 as low privilege user on MS Windows 10

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 06:03:16 GMT 2018

Hi,

It's fully reproducible here in my offcie with Windows 7 where all
computers are centrally managed too.

As the installer register the application in Windows registery to be
visible in Windows control pannel (uninstall section), you need admin right
to install.

Also i think it's safe to require admin right to install an application in
a centrally managed park of computer. After all, we need this right too
under MacOS and Linux (excepted AppImage but's it's a special case).

So for me it's a normal install behavior, and the way used by Rawtherapee
is wrong.