geolocation in AppImage

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 15:36:05 GMT 2018

I think Geolocation was broken in 5.7.0 but it should be back in 5.8.0 I will take a look later

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Martin Bruns <martin at konahina.de> Date: 2018-01-19  7:29 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digikam-users at kde.org Subject: geolocation in AppImage

    Hi,

    I'm using digikam since years on linux (ubuntu), with a
    mysql/mariadb setup, which works quite well.

    The last digikam version for ubuntu I got as a installable package
    is digikam 5.6, with that version I can see the geolocation of my
    images by simply clicking on the map button on top of the program
    window.

    But I would like to go on with newer version and with all AppImage
    versions I tried the geolocation is working different.

    With the 5.8 version I can now see my geolocation while I edit my
    files with its locations, but not wenn I simply click on the map
    button.

    Does anyone has an idea what I need to change in the configuration
    to get the old and most likely still available behaviour? Or is
    there a ppa for ubuntu around with the latest digikam versions? Also
    please node that I'm currently using the last LTS version 16.04.

    Kind Regards

    Martin