Load digikam with default settings

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 03:33:04 GMT 2018

Never mind Gilles, I created separate test database and collection for that purpose. Worked as a charm.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Andrey Goreev <aegoreev at gmail.com> Date: 2018-01-11  2:08 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: Load digikam with default settings
I was told I can only post screenshots in the handbook with the default settings.
Since I use digikam for myself and don't want to lose my settings I am looking for a way to load digikam with default setup.I backed up digikamrc and deleted everything but database section from there but it still asks me to point to the database on startup. I am assuming it will rescan the whole collection after that which I don't want.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> Date: 2018-01-11  1:44 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: Load digikam with default settings
Which settings exzctly you wan to see turned as default exactly. All settings is stored in rc file... Remove this file as well must be enough.
Gilles CaulierĀ
What i s the best way to load digikam with default settings without re-loading the database?

I tried leavingĀ  [Database Settings] and [ General Settings] sections in digikamrc only but digikam prompts to start over again with such settings (add path to database, add collections,etc.)

Best regards,
Andrey