Lightroom to DigiKam: reading xmp files

salinaale salinaale at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 09:40:53 GMT 2018

I think that xmp files porpose is to facilitate interoperability between
different sw...maybe the standard is silly ( i can't find the iso standard
now ), but using different naming convention for xmp files, you are limiting
the spread of this great product.
i don't have a great experience, but i know that Lightroom and dxo ( i think
are very widespread )  are using the filename.xmp naming convention.
I can't create symlinks because i'm on win and not on linux, and i don't
want to fill my disk with thousand of links.
Maybe it could be possible to give the possibility to configure the name of
xmp files?
Just my 2 cents... It is a pity that an excellent software like digikam can
not be used as a Lightroom alternative for a matter of standard-not
standard.

sorry for my english.. :)