Lightroom to DigiKam: reading xmp files

salinaale salinaale at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 22:37:33 GMT 2018

Hello to all,
I tried to solve the problem of the xmp file format but without success.
I'm trying to replace Lightroom with DigiKam but it's not possible because
DigiKam is not able to read xmp files generated by Lightroom.
I tried to rename xmp file ( from filename.xmp -> filename.ext.xmp) and
everythings seemed to be ok in DK; i was able to search every photo by tag,
title etc etc... wow...
But... this cannot be the solution.. if i rename every xmp files in
filename.ext.xmp, those files are not read by external editors... for
example by Dxo Photolab.
It's a shame that I can not use DigiKam ... I'll have to look for a new
replacement for Lightroom....