Lightroom to DigiKam: reading xmp files

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 14:07:05 GMT 2018

Either Ubuntu or openSUSE terminals can be installed in Windows 10 so a file renaming script should work there too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Remco Viëtor <remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr> Date: 2018-01-01  6:44 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: Lightroom to DigiKam: reading xmp files
On dimanche 31 décembre 2017 15:39:59 CET salinaale wrote:
> Hi all,
> i'm trying to migrate my lightroom catalog to DigiKam, but i have a big
> problem in reading keywords.
> I would like to be able to search my photo through keywords/tags that i had
> previously added in Lightroom.
> I created from LR sidecar files (xmp) for every photo and i notice that
> files have the following naming convention:
> - *original photo: abcdefg.orf*
> - *xmp file generated: abcdefg.xmp*
>
> With that naming convention DigiKam is not able to read xmp files!
> I tried to rename manually the xmp files as abcdefg*.org*.xmp ( the .orf
> extension added ) and all seems works correctly.
>
> I have thousands of photo and i wouldn't rename every files manually.... is
> there a solution?
No solution within Digikam afaik, but there are utilities to do bulk renaming.
Or, at least under Linux, a shell script can do the job quite easily.

No idea how to attack it under MS-Windows, though, unless you can do a bulk
rename where you replace one extension by another (in your case: ".xmp" =>
".orf.xmp").

Remco