[digiKam-users] either face recognition screen is buggy or I still don't understand it - at least I can say that more convenient bulk change of face tags (no auto refresh / set faces via context menu) is neccessary #V5.9.0 Windows Feb 27 2018

Stefan Mueller stefan.mueller.83 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 13:25:47 GMT 2018

Hallo,
I have no clue what I do wrong but by tagging some faces I noticed the
following:

   1. When I do face recognition and change and/or confirm a recognized
   face it disappear immediately from the Unconfirmed collection (same in
   other collection). As digiKam takes a moment to refresh the collection and
   thumbnails moving up and down until all non relevant photos are disappeared
   I've already confirmed some face tags accidentally although the tag is
   wrong. It's getting really nasty to find wrongly tagged faces again and
   again

   2. Adding tags via right click context menu or the captions sidebar adds
   only a *general tag*, not a face tag with corresponding rectangular

   3. Making a *tag* a *face tag* is done via the context menu, a *tag *doesn't
   need to be below People necessarily to become a *face tag*.

   4. Counts in the *People Tags* sidebar doesn't match in the *Filter*
   side bar, that is properly related to 2.

   5. Only if I change the suggested *face tag* it is accepted as real *face
   tag* and the counter of the corresponding *face tag *is incremented

In order do make assigning *face tags* easier I would love to have the
option to:

   1. prevent refreshing the list of recognized faces after you confirm a
   suggested *face tag*
   2. an option to order this list by suggested *face tag and *location
   etc, basically allow tags to be dragged&dropped onto the column bar in the
   table view to be added as column.
   3. Allow to confirm suggested *face tags* in the table view
   4. Allow to change *face tag *via context menu and drag&drop selected
   pictures on a face tag in either sidebar

I try to show these behavior by the screenshots below:

   1. set  *face tags *via context menu or side bar
      1. set via sidebar

      2. set via context menu

      3. count is correct and faces can be filtered but counter on the left
      and on the right don't match. If filter in albums view even more picture
      show up.

      2. Location of *face tag*
      1. setting  as *face tag*

      2. can lead to several face branches: