[digiKam-users] Question tag/hierarchy

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Mon Feb 26 19:39:05 GMT 2018

On 26/02/18 17:39, digikam at 911networks.com wrote:
> DT 5.8.0 appimage
>
> 1. Is it better to have the tag or the tag hierarchy?
> (ie: friends v. people|friends)
> 2. Where is the setting for applying the tag hierarchy instead of
> just the tag?

To answer the 2nd question first.
If your tag exists as people->friends then selecting friends will apply
as people->friends.
In the bottom of the context menu for the right hand tags panel, you can
also set to toggle parents and/or children along with the selected tag.
In that case setting friends would apply as people->friends and people.

To answer the first question, it is of course personal preference. For
me the single tag people->friends is of the most use as it allows
flexibility in selection of images and prevents cluttering images with
multiple redundant tags.

Andrew