MacOS Package backward compatibility...

NeiNei neinei at gmx.net
Sat Feb 3 19:33:13 GMT 2018

Hi  Gilles,

thanks for asking the community on this topic.
Here are my 2 cents.
Yosemite (10.10) was released in 2014. Meanwhile the current MacOS is
10.13, released in 2017. Patches and security fixes are usually released
only to two of the former operations system generations which is MacOsX
10.11 at the moment. It is well known that Apple has a somehow demanding
update policy for MacOS and that the company does not offer such long
term support for the operation system as Microsoft does.
So I would really think it is acceptable when you make Digikam backward
compatible to 10.10.

Thanks,
NeiNei

  only to MacOS which is max. two versions