OAuth issues in 5.8

Tac Tacelosky tacman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 15:32:44 GMT 2018

Hi, all.  First, kudos to the developers for such a great product.

I saw that Digikam 5.8 refactored Flickr and Dropbox export to use oAuth2
rather than the problematic browser-basic login-with-hash-tag -- great!

Alas, I can't seem to get it to work.  With dropbox, it looks like there's
a debug url, as it's going to http://127.0.0.1:8000/?code=QYjJ-r8n7etcetc...

With Flickr, I can't seem to find where to put in the credentials,
shouldn't there be an "Add Account" here?

[image: Inline image 1]

Change Account | Add Account brings me back to this screen.

Facebook still uses the browser-based authentication, but there's no auth
code anymore, but surely there's some way to upload to Facebook, yes?

Thanks!  New to digikam (and indeed to Linux-based photography), but can't
wait to get more experience.

Tac