[digiKam-users] Suggestion : export to folder button (windows explorer)

chris christof.elmiger at fornat.ch
Mon Dec 31 11:07:38 GMT 2018

ok, turns out in Windows the option to directly export to local/remote
storage is disabled, due to limitations of the KDE KIO API, wich manages
import/export and is not working for windows :(

Does anyone know a good workaround / alternative workflow to:

1. pick a dozen photos
2. resize the photos
3. save them locally on my harddisk? (outside of digikams watched folders /
album-structure,
as it serves only a temporary purpose)

(I have tried using the option to E-Mail a selection of pictures. That works
quite nice for step 1+2. Then it opens an E-Mail with the attachments all
prepared. From there I am not able to efficiently save the attached photos
(thunderbird-problem). I then tried to access the resized photos from
digikams temporary storage, but that's cumbersome too, as digkam creates
separate, random-subdirectories for each individual photo..)