[digiKam-users] What does DigiKam set in image files for Captions?

papertape plowmail2010 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 03:55:07 GMT 2018

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
DigiKam 6.0.0 Beta 3

According to ExifTool, when I enter text in the Captions box on the
Captions/Description tab, DigiKam sets several fields in the image file's
metadata: Image Description, Notes, Description, User Comment, Image
Description, Caption-Abstract, and User Comment.  (To get that list, I used
"exiftool -a -u -g1 -extractEmbedded -api RequestAll=3 'FilePath' ".)

Does DigiKam set any other fields?
To imitate DigiKam's Captions box with ExifTool, do I set all those fields?
Which fields' existence do I test, to see whether an image has a DigiKam
Caption?