[digiKam-users] CLI options?

Sky Diver skydivergm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 22:32:26 GMT 2018

I have v5.6.0 installed from Ubuntu's official repo.
v5.9.0 running from AppImage as well as the 6.0.0-beta versions.

Thus I wouldn't mind clearly seeing the version number at all times,
e.g. next to the "digiKam" text on the title bar.

As for beta versions, visually marking that this is a beta version
(across themes, e.g. dark theme) is indeed welcome, although, once it
has been launched, the active album's DB gets upgraded whether the
user likes it or not.

Towards that end, I would love to see a popup message, notifying the
user that a DB upgrade is about to happen, and asking the user to
authorize the upgrade.

Yeah, usability is essential.