[digiKam-users] Problem with moving grouped images

meku digikam at meku.org
Sat Dec 15 14:17:36 GMT 2018

My recollection of DK5.9 and earlier was that moving a folder would destroy
any image groups that had been created. Now when I say moving a folder I
mean using Digikam interface to drag and drop the folder within the current
collection - so all file operations are handled by Digikam.

In the latest DK6.0beta3 the situation is slightly different - moving a
folder still breaks the groups BUT now the group icons continue display on
the images even though showing/hiding grouped items has no effect.

Ungroup command has no effect initially on these ghost groups, I suppose
because the groups are corrupt, and the only way to fix the display is
first to create new groups with these images - which show incorrect counts
for the number of items in the groups, apparently still counting the ghost
grouped items - and THEN ungrouping them to return to a clean slate.

I experience this running latest Kubuntu with the appimage. Does this
happen to you to?