[digiKam-users] Nightly builds / docker image?

Simon Frei freisim93 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 14:34:41 GMT 2018

For production?! The problem with weekly snapshots is that they are just
that: snapshots. This means the exact commit is not specially chosen, so
the chance for brokenness is much higher than on actual releases. If you
do use them in production, make sure to have a tight backup schedule
(and proven that restoring works). As for notification: Setup any weekly
reminder and you're set.

On 13/12/2018 15:27, Sky Diver wrote:
> Thanks Andrey, that would be interesting to explore.
>
> Simon, I already subscribed to the RSS feed a few days ago, but the
> latest message over there is about the Release of 6.0.0-beta2.
> Indeed, this is too infrequent IMO.
>
> On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 3:56 PM Simon Frei <freisim93 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That's actually something that could be improved in the download section
>> of the website:
>> There are stable releases: https://download.kde.org/stable/digikam/,
>> pre-releases (betas, RCs): https://download.kde.org/unstable/digikam/
>> and weekly snapshots: https://files.kde.org/digikam/
>>
>> If you want to be notified about new (pre-)releases you can subscribe to
>> the news RSS - there will be some other stuff too on it, but infrequently.
>>
>> On 13/12/2018 14:36, Sky Diver wrote:
>>> Thanks Gilles.
>>>
>>> I understand what you mean regarding docker - it certainly sounds like
>>> a hassle to maintain.
>>>
>>> I already saw the page you refer to, but I was wondering if there's
>>> something more up-to-date (didn't know it's being build on a weekly
>>> basis).
>>>
>>> I find it weird that the same version tag (e.g. 6.0.0-beta3) is being
>>> used for different builds.
>>> E.g.: The version base of my AppImage is
>>> digikam-6.0.0-beta3-20181202T170307 while the latest version is