[digiKam-users] Corrupted digikam database repair - easy solution?

zwyklydigikam epifenomen2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 10:04:37 GMT 2018

jdd at dodin.org wrote
> didn't you make a backup before using experimental thing?
>
> do you have data also saved on image or sidecar files?

I use experimental from start, generating default SQL db takes about 2 days
with 200k images, and everything is slow. MySQL is the only choice.

I never save on image.

I have old backups but how can i be sure if it IS a good backup? Lets say
someone is making backup every month, database is 4gb. Now your DK crashed,
and you use your backup, but your backup is damaged, and you don't even know
that. DK is not showing any errors or warnings, i was "lucky" because it
crashed, and i checked windows logs. There should be warning in DK, and if
someone didnt make backup, DK should give auto-repair option (all say thats
one line of code) insted of hidden comment in windows logs asking to study
SQL (which took me 6 hours and didn't work, but it looks quite simple):

"InnoDB: Your database may be corrupt or you may have copied the InnoDB
tablespace but not the InnoDB log files. Please refer to
https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/xtradbinnodb-recovery-modes/ for
information about forcing recovery.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://www.mysql.com."

I hope its because of 6.0.0 beta2, but if you ask me, not losing months of
work should be priority.

Going back to my problem, how to repair mysql database without backup? I'm
doing something wrong with mariadb force recovery, or maybe it's not the
right direction?

Sorry for my english
Thank you