[digiKam-users] Sometimes fast, sometimes slow

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Tue Dec 11 02:07:13 GMT 2018

I've been using the DK6b3 appimages. Right now, the 8-Dec-2018 and
it's slow, the previous one of 5-Dec-2018 was really fast. Actually
it feels slower than the 5-Dec version.

1. I only use DK for the DAM and no absolutely no edit
2. I do searches, almost always the same searches (I have some
"stored searches")

For example: click on the edit button of the stored searches, it take
a couple of seconds. Previous version 5-Dec was almost instantaneous.

With the 5-Dec, the searches were much faster than with the 8-Dec
version. I tried to look into it and it looks like the 8-Dec is doing
a lot more of disk activities.

I use the Lazy Sync to write the XMP on close.

I didn't add any more image, I'm doing captions and adding/deleting
tags to the images and very occasionally deleting some images.

No video

digikam version 6.0.0-beta3
Images:
GIF: 5
JPG: 859
PNG: 16
PSD: 46
RAW-CR2: 29902
RAW-DNG: 8443
RAW-PEF: 1764
RAW-RAF: 5840
TIFF: 302
XCF: 6
total: 47183
:
Total Items: 47183
Albums: 296
Tags: 143
:
Database backend: QSQLITE
Database Path: /drive-b/photos/ (separate drive for the
photos: /dev/sdb)

--
sknahT

vyS