[digiKam-users] Feature: Include EXIF data in patterns

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Fri Dec 7 10:37:34 GMT 2018

On jeudi 6 décembre 2018 19:52:10 CET Rafael Linux wrote:
> Overwrite those fields content with the new one. Best idea should be to let
> user choose what fields (among all EXIF available) he want to overwrite over
> all selected photos (not photo by photo).
>

> --
> Sent from: http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/digikam-users-f1735189.html
Do keep in mind that EXIF is limited to specific fields, and to 1-byte character
codes. And there's a limitation on the total size of the EXIF part of the
metadata.

Also, adding the same description to several images is already possible: in
the thumbnail view, select all images to which you want to add a caption,
enter the caption ("captions" tab) and apply. Same for the title.
If you want to copy caption or title from one image to one or more others,
select all the images, making sure the one with the source caption and title
is selected last. Then make a small edit (e.g. add a '.' and backspace), this
will switch the display of the field from gray to white, and apply.

To be honest, adding titles and captions (or tags) to an image is not
something I see myself do in a batch queue: the number of images per title/
caotion is just too small for that, the setup too long, and the treatment too
fast. For me, batch queues are more for long treatments on multiple images
that have to be done (at least partly) in the editor.

Remco