[digiKam-users] DigiKam 6.0.0b video playback problem

VALÍK Robert robert at valik.sk
Tue Aug 28 11:45:00 BST 2018

Hello,

I tried the DigiKam 6 appimage (digikam-6.0.0-beta1-x86-64.appimage) but
it seems that it cannot play any videos. If I double click on a video, I
get only "An error has occured with media player..."

I run DigiKam from command line and can clearly see a problem:

Digikam::DMetadata::loadUsingFFmpeg: Parse metadada with FFMpeg: "/media/robertvalik/Evolveo/@wra-data-Videos-Import/Videos-Import/201808261310_Video 18-08-26 13-10-19 8330.mov"
Digikam::MediaPlayerView::slotHandlePlayerError: Error:  "failed to open media\n(FFmpeg fffffffffffffffe: No such file or directory)"

The path is incorrect. Correct path should be:

'/media/robertvalik/Evolveo/@wra-data-Videos-Import/Videos-Import/2018/20180826/201808261310_Video 18-08-26 13-10-19 8330.mov'

The 2018/20180826/ part - which is the album relativePath (column name
in DB),  is missing so the path is created as albumRoot/name instead
of albumRoot/relativePath/name which is not correct.

Anyone seeing problems like this? Is it a configuration issue? I use
MySQL backend.

--
Robert Valík
https://robert.valik.sk/