[digiKam-users] About development version stability

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 19:02:17 BST 2018

This depend of code changed while the transition from 5.9.0 and 6.0.0

While this summer, 3 students has work on digikam core. A lots of code have
changed, that we review and test. We cannot complete all the tests cases
but after all we check the main dysfunctions or regressions and for the
rest, we ask usually to end users to complete the job. It’s the Agile
development workflow

We will provide many 6.0.0 beta version to be able to not forget nothing.
For this releae, more than 350 bugs have been killed. It’s not nothing
after all...

It’s safe to test 6.0.0 beta, but not yet in production. We will explain
all in release announcement under finalization

Gilles Caulier

--
Send with Gmail Mobile