[digiKam-users] Connection to Mariadb

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 16:31:53 BST 2018

> Hello Rafael,
>
> actually I don't want to uninstall Gigikam ...

You DONT need to uninstall your current native package using AppImage, as
it's already mentioned in this thread. Do you read well the contents.

> I have some customization, prefer to wait for the next 6.0 release (please,
> when is it planned?)

digiKam 6.0.0-beta1 tarball just pushed on download server. The release
announcement will be written soon.

> anyway I've tried the Appimage on a Ubuntu (16.04), activated by double
> click, got this error:
> <http://digikam.1695700.n4.nabble.com/file/t376715/
> Schermata_del_2018-08-19_16-26-36.png>
> (no file_to_app result to show)

Double click ? you want mean to set appimage file as executable and run it
with double click through file manager.

Seriously, this is a simple task to do without to see this kind of error.
Read this :

http://askubuntu.com/questions/774490/what-is-an-appimage-how-do-i-install-it

> also, please, why not to put the link to this Forum in the "Support"
> section
> in the Digikam web page?
> (it seems missing...)

Mailing list are listed to digiKam.org :

https://www.digikam.org/support/

What else ?