[digiKam-users] Problem deleting files

IW News news at imagedworld.com
Sat Aug 18 14:28:51 BST 2018

Hi,

New user of digiKam here.

This is my actual workflow:

Import files from directory changing file names to Pending####.
In the main digiKam windows those new files are filtered by name "Pending".
I select and open all of them in the Light Table.
Files are reviewed and not needed ones are deleted (Del key). The files
are still showing in the Light Table, they are not removed from view. If
I try to open or delete them again an error is displayed about files not
exiting. That¡s normal, I deleted them! F5 doesn't change anything. If I
close Light Table, those files are still in the digiKam main window. F5
removes them from the interface. Opening Light Table again still shows them.
I have to close digiKam and open it again for the files to disappear.
Deleting them directly in the main window has the same behavior: they
don't disappear until F5 is pressed or digiKam restarted.
What am I doing wrong?

All I want is to delete unneeded files from the database using the Light
Table.

I'm on Manjaro Linux with last version of digiKam (5.9.0).

Iñigo.