[digiKam-users] Use an existing folder as collection

kuddels kuddels at gmx.de
Thu Aug 16 19:31:00 BST 2018

Gilles Caulier-4 wrote
> No you cannot. A root album will be parsed in recursive mode.

Hi Gilles Caulier,

thank you for your reply! Yes, that is the way I started, too.

Is there any disadvantage I have to deal with? Is the number of collections
Digikam can handle limited?

Feature request: After adding a new collection Digikam shows all folders as
a tree structure. All already available folders offer a checkbox where the
user can select if Digikam should monitor/scan this folder for new files or
not ;)

Thanks!
kuddels