[digiKam-users] Printing - I need help!

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Wed Aug 15 04:19:42 BST 2018

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 4:03 AM Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:

> Why is it that some programs manage to keep the major repositories
> reasonably up to date and others don't?

Because some programs have volunteer contributors that run a certain distro
and commit their time to keep the program updated for that distro - and
others don't. I'm very happy on Fedora with the way digikam keeps up2date.

If for your distro digikam is outdated, you could of course always download
the source, compile it and possibly even look into creating a native
package and submitting it for the community of your chosen distro. At the
end this is what Linux is all about; it's not a commercial undertaking but
a community effort which gets better the more volunteer contributors there
are. If you expect perfect spoon-feeding, then maybe a commercial platform
is the better solution for your needs?

Oh, and, thank you very much digikam developer team for all your massive
efforts in development and also quick & continuous support here on the
list! Highly appreciated since many years :)