[digiKam-users] Printing - I need help!

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Aug 14 19:00:19 BST 2018

Andrey Goreev <aegoreev at gmail.com> wrote:
> [-- text/plain, encoding base64, charset: utf-8, 28 lines --]
>
> You can try a flatpak:https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Flatpak
> I think they are easy to update but they are sandboxed.

It's not whether something is *easy* top update, what's important is
that it gets updated regularly without my intervention so that
security fixes etc. get installed.

As it is, using an Ubuntu distribution, all I have to do is say 'yes'
to the automatic updates sent out regularly (well, scanned for
automatically by my system I guess).  I try *very* hard not to install
large items of software from outside the official repositories and
Digikam is definitely that because it pulls in a lot of KDE stuff that
I wouldn't have otherwise.

> But I would rather use the 5.9.0 appimage instead of 4.12 native ubuntu
> package. Digikam 4.x.x. and 5.x.x. are two completely different animals

If I installed an 'outside' Digikam it would almost certainly stay
stuck at that version on my system until something broke.

--
Chris Green
·