[digiKam-users] Search Albums - InTree

VALÍK Robert robert at valik.sk
Fri Aug 10 17:56:41 BST 2018

Hello there,

I have a question about Advanced Search and searching photos in albums
and their subalbums (subfolders).

Some time ago (with some older Digikam, no idea what version) I have
created a search that searched some albums recursively. I believe
there was an option to search "in album tree" or something like that.

The search worked in digiKam 5.8.0. After the upgrade to 5.8.0 I wanted
to add another album tree to the search but after the modification, the
search stopped working. It seemd that it searched only selected albums
but not their children.

I restored the older search from DB backup and noticed a difference. The
old (working) search had:

<field name="albumid" relation="intree">

But the new had:

<field name="albumid" relation="oneof">

In digiKam 5.9.0 the situation is same. I can modify the search - but it
is not working anymore as expected. Than I just edit it directly in DB,
change oneof to intree and the search works correctly after that.

My question is - how to set the intree value in the search UI? The
Select -> Children option is not what I am looing for as it just adds
all folders to search definition and I believe that will not be updated
after I create a new subalbum.

Thanks!

--
Robert Valík