[digiKam-users] .fit file format

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 12:41:31 BST 2018

I got it.

Fit is not supported by Qt IO image format plugins de facto. libraw do not
recognize too this format as RAW. ffmpeg too. So there is no way to see
this file contents in digiKam.

I see also this image containing metadata. Exiv2 do not support this format
too.

So to be able to extend this support :

1/ Create a file in bugzilla to register this wish. We can assing this job
to a student later. We have a similar subject to extend DK with JPEG 12 bit
loss less for medical purpose.

2 Create a file in Exiv2 issues entries in github to support this file
format, at least in READ only about metadata.

Note ImageMagick support this format. So code to decode FIT can be found
easily to write a dedicated loader in digiKam core.

Best