[digiKam-users] Want to show pictures with geocoding in Piwigo

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 21:09:43 BST 2018

Are you using digikam 5.9.0 ?
I think this malfunction has been fixed already.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Lutz Epperlein <epperlein at posteo.de> Date: 2018-04-11  2:00 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: digikam-users at kde.org Subject: Re: [digiKam-users] Want to show pictures with geocoding in Piwigo
It seems to be all a bit complicated ...

At first, uploading images with gps coordinates will be processed by
piwigo.
But most of my pictures geocoded within digikam don't show the
coordinates in piwigo, simply because there aren't any coordinates in
the file.

I rechecked and double-checked my settings in digikam regarding
metadata. My settings are now:
- Behavior (the first tab at metadata settings, I have the German
  version of digikam, there is it called "Verhalten"):
  - Keywords
  - Description and title
  - Rating
  - Timestamp
  - Metadata templates
- Sidecars
  - Write in sidecar file: Write into image and XMP sidecar file

If I change the coordinates of an image they are written into the xmp
sidecar file and when I force to write the metadata into the picture
these coordinates appear in the exif data too. So far so good.

But if I want to write the gps data already exists into the image
nothing happens, the coordinates aren't in the exif data and in the xmp
sidecar file. Only if I touch the geolocation of the image again, it
will work.

Again, what I'm doing wrong or is there another way to workaround this
problem.

Thanks in advance
Lutz Epperlein