[digiKam-users] Writing a custom shell script

Matthieu ermelir at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 23:24:25 BST 2018

Hi list,

I use digikam only to check that all my tags (geolocalisation, copyright,
custom tags) are embedded in my pictures before sharing them on google
photos.
Because the title and description defined in digikam are not stored in my
JPG and RAW files when writing metadatas, I have to set them both in
digikam and copy them in google photos. It's time consuming.

I was wondering if a custom user shell script would be able to help me?
Writing a shell script is not a problem for me but I suppose that there are
some conventions, input management, error processing management, and
location requirement for these shells scripts.
Is there any rich documentation regarding writing a custom shell script?

I cannot find anything useful both on the Internet and in the documentation.

Kind regards

Mat