[digiKam-users] The future of 6.0.0 bundles and C++11 support...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 08:08:25 BST 2018

Hi all,

Yesterday evening, i tried to build 6.0.0 AppImage under CentoS 6.9 in 64
bits. I forget another piece which increase the compilation complexity :
ffmpeg.

digiKam require ffmpeg 3.x. Centos has no ffmpeg rpm officially, excepted
one contrib repo in Romania with a 2.x release outdated.

We have already a file in bugzilla to build digiKam +qtAv with a recent
ffmpeg, in goal to be able to manage recent video containers as H265. So i
must add rules to compile ffmpeg myself in the bundle, and it's a complex
task. I cannot use static ffmpeg build here, as i need shared libs.

So, no way to build 32 bits AppImage bundles for the future...