Digikam won't read Video Sidecars?

David Golden vtdave88 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 04:08:05 BST 2017

Tried both the 5.7 appimage and the pre-release 5.8.0-01 appimage.  Digikam
continues to ignore any existing video.mp4.xmp file instead of reading the
metadata; changing information within Digikam destroys the existing info.

Expected behaviour would be for Digikam to read the metadata from the xmp
file and import it just as it would for an image file