Face Recognition Problem

Mario Frank mafrank at uni-potsdam.de
Mon Sep 25 14:19:19 BST 2017

Hey Mick,

the purpose of the tags tab is to allow combinations.
Consider you have an album "Family" which is full of family pictures and
some junk album where also family pictures
are located. You could then select the "Family" and junk album but then
would also scan images from the junk album
that are no family pictures. But if the family pictures in the junk
album are tagged with the tag Family or some subtag
of it, you can combine it in the speaking of:
"Scan all pictures in the album Family and also all images with the tag
Family"
On the other hand, you can also just ignore the album tab and just scan
in images having specific tags.

Concerning the low detection quality: During Google Summer of Code,
better algorithms have been introduced in digiKam
but those are not yet integrated in the distributed version of digiKam
as some testing has to be done.
I would propose setting the detection parameter to at least 90 until the
new algorithms are shipped.
This is much slower but has less false positives.

Regards,
Mario