DK 5.7.0 & email not working for me

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 22:36:57 BST 2017

Have you tried 5.8.0 pre-release appimage?I think the email export plugin was recently rewritten...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: "CD.Graesser" <cd.graesser at gmail.com> Date: 2017-09-22  3:33 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: DK 5.7.0 & email not working for me
Hu Syv,That was the same problem for me in Arch based Manjaro using thunderbird as mail client.Tried then the appimage. Same problem, that the mailclient did not start. But there i could configure the path to the mail app. But still same problem.
After that I closed all digicam did linux restart and started the original Arch 5.7 digicam installation. Now here when sending mail the selection of the path to thunderbird was possible. Mail sending still not possible. When I remember right I did another restart of the program again and then surprisingly the mail sending of images worked. Strange but it still works.
Hope this helpsChristian