Displaying photos without segregating by album

BensonBear benson.bear at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 03:02:34 BST 2017

Thanks for your reply.  You state:

"There are numerous ways in digikam to do that - tags (keywords), pick
labels, color labels, star rating. You can just tag all the images with one
of the above listed options and use digikam search tab in the left panel to
find them all"

The problem when I do this, as far as I can see, as I have stated, is that
the photos are then segregated by "album" (i.e. directory of origin).  So
one camera's photos are shown first, then another camera's photos, etc.   We
want them all together, especially when sorted by date.  So if one views a
week of photos from multiple cameras, the photos are shown in order by date,
not grouped into separate sets for each camera.

Is there some option I am missing?

Ah, yes yes there is!  I looked around some more, there is under the "view"
menu an item "group images" and one can group them by "flat" which is what
is needed!  Okay that's a relief!

"You don't have to write a script to rename your images."

I am comfortable writing a script, but I will look into the powers of
digikam in this regard as well, thanks, although I think for now given the
above discovery it is moot.