No menu entry to edit metadata

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 02:28:07 BST 2017

Try either Ctrl + Shift + M or Ctrl + M.
Also I think you better figure out an exiftool command to get rid of unwanted metadata. Digikam's abilities for that will be limited.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: "Nicolas - Tesla - L." <mail at tesla.wf> Date: 2017-09-11  4:57 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: digikam-users at kde.org Subject: No menu entry to edit metadata
Hi there,

i have uploaded a hundred photos on a site which has set tons of shitty
metadata in my photos. I'd like to remove it, now i auto-host these.

Everyone says to go to the menu « Image -> Edit -> Metadata », but that
very menu doesn't exist on my soft. I do have « Write Metadata in image
my french interface, sorry), but both do nothing.

I'm running Digikam 4.12 on Mint (yeah, i like when dependencies hurt).

Thanks for tips