Digikam ignores sidecar info from Darktable

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 16:17:38 BST 2017

I use darktable too. You won't be able to see changes made in darktable unless you exported to JPEG/whatever. However you should be able to see star ratings, keywords etc. if your digikam reads from sidecars

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> Date: 2017-09-01  9:14 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Digikam ignores sidecar info from Darktable
I am a new user of Digikam, doing most of my image manipulation in
Darktable. As currently set up on my machine, the dk V5.6.0. AppImage
does not see the the Darktable sidecar files: the Darktable EXIF data
and image changes (e.g. cropping or contrast) are not shown when viewing
Canon CR2 files in Digikam. Is there a way of achieving this?

Kind regards,

Willem Ferguson