Freezes

Peter Mc Donough mcd-mail-lists at gmx.net
Fri Sep 1 12:01:02 BST 2017

Am 31.08.2017 um 21:15 schrieb Anders Lund:
> I try to import the few photos I still have left from a usb harddisk,
> but digikam is just freezing. Is it making thumbnails? Is it deleting
> more files? Is it sleeping? Who knows, becuase its windows are frozen.

If you think Digikam is faulty, why don't you use your computer's file
manager for copying and backup? Your file manager is faster than Digikam
for that purpose?
I never delete originals unless they are safely copied to a backup USB
and I had a second look at them on the monitor.

The problem can be the software, the hardware, and the wetware, i.e. the
person on the keyboard.

In cases like that, not especially with Digikam, I take care that I have
a least one backup on a USB-Disk which usually is only connected to the
computer when I need it, then I copy (part of) the data to a temporary
folder and try to find out what went wrong.
In your case only with a few photos to find out whether Digikam need
just some time for processing.

cu
Peter

ps. No problems here with Digikam 5.6 in Ubuntu 16.04.3