digiKam crashing on every second or third XCF file - is there a config file I can modify?

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 19:58:49 BST 2017

Great news!
A good one re installing "the kitchen sink".
My openSUSE wants to delete digikam if I remove akonadi-kontakt package. Not sure where the connection is but I am kind of stuck with the evil akonadi packages.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Elle Stone <ellestone at ninedegreesbelow.com> Date: 2017-10-28  12:56 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: digikam-users at kde.org Subject: Re: digiKam crashing on every second or third XCF file - is there a config file I can modify?
On 10/28/2017 02:42 PM, Elle Stone wrote:

> Hmm, well, actually all I have to do is uninstall gwenview and
> kimageformats - if the only way digiKam supports XCF is through
> kimageformats, this should do the trick. I hope.

Yes! this works! Well, at least on Gentoo which allows to install
"software A" without also installing "kitchen sink".

Now digiKam imports the XCF files without any problems and shows a
default thumbnail instead of an actual thumbnail. And my "xcf.png"
sidecar files show what the XCF file actually looks like. And the XCF
file can be opened with GIMP-2.9 right from within digiKam.

Best,
Elle