digiKam crashing on every second or third XCF file - is there a config file I can modify?

Elle Stone ellestone at ninedegreesbelow.com
Sat Oct 28 18:16:22 BST 2017

On 10/28/2017 12:59 PM, Andrey Goreev wrote:
> I am pretty sure there is an option in digikam settings.

Yes, there is an option in digiKam settings under "additional mimetypes"
- adding "-xcf" says "don't add xcf files". But digiKam won't stay open
long enough for me to add this option back in, because it crashes on
every second or third XCF file so only stays open for a few seconds.

> Also I am wondering if you could treat xcf as sidecars so they would be attached to the png same as we do now for pp3.

I saw that option and thought about it. My ultimate goal with digiKam is
to be able to right-click the XCF files (after doing some serious
reorganizing and deleting), to open them from digiKam. To me, this is
one of the main benefits of using digiKam, being able to open a file by
browsing to the folder. AFAIK sidecar files even of the "extra" type
aren't shown in the UI, so this would completely disable the option to
open an XCF file using digiKam.

Anyway, I guess I should file a bug report on this crashing thing.

Best,
Elle