Slow start with MySQL and NAS

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 14:41:36 BST 2017

When you are on Ubuntu try opening digikam in the terminal and then watch its output when start-up stalls.
That should give an idea on what exactly slows down the start-up.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Christoph Huckle <chrihuc at gmail.com> Date: 2017-10-24  7:16 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: Slow start with MySQL and NAS
Thanks, the "Remove obsolete core..." was disabled anyway. Now I've disabled the scan for new items. This did not improve the situation. The start takes still long in the step "Loading Database"
Remco Viëtor <remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr> schrieb am Mo., 23. Okt. 2017 um 17:37 Uhr:
On lundi 23 octobre 2017 16:11:15 CEST Christoph Huckle wrote:

> Hey All,

> I'm experiencing slow starts on my setup.

> All my pictures (>60k) are stored on a local NAS, the MySQL database is on

> the same server.

> Startup time is heavily depending on network performance.

> With 1Gb LAN connection max 5min, with wireless lan up to 30min.

> Tested on Ubuntu 17.10, Win10, MacOS. All behave similar.

> Please let me know how I can provide more helpful information.

Digikam is probably looking for new items in the collection, and/or cleaning

the database. Both of these can be disabled in the configuration dialog, under

"Miscellaneous": "Scan for new items at startup" and "Remove obsolete core

database objects" (both are marked as "(makes startup slower)").

Remco

--
Christoph Huckle
Unterm Aspalter 225106 Veltheim