Tag is not saved to xmp sidecar and also not to the image file
ellestone at ninedegreesbelow.com
Sat Oct 21 17:23:11 BST 2017
What is the proper procedure - please step by step! - it might seem
obvious to you, but I can't figure it out! - to:
1. Rearrange the tag tree . . .
2. Successfully saving the tagslist to a sidecar file or to the image
file . . .
3. Be able to close and open digiKam and see the same tag tree that was
displayed before closing digiKam?
My images already have embedded digiKam tagslist tags. But I haven't
used digiKam in a long time.
I installed digiKam Version 5.7.0 from Gentoo Portage, and imported some
images into a fresh database. I'm having a great deal of difficulty with
the digikam tagslist hierarchy:
1. After rearranging the tag tree, and then reopening digiKam, the tag
tree is again in a mess.
2. Some tags aren't saved to the xmp sidecar file.
I set digiKam up to only write to xmp sidecar files and to only write
the Xmp.digiKam.TagsList tag, which is a wonderful new option if it
Selecting some images and then choosing "Item/Write Metadata to Selected
Images" does result in the file manager showing that the xmp sidecar was
indeed modified. But not all the tags are being written to the sidecar file.
3. After giving up on writing only to the xmp sidecar file, I wrote all
the tags out to the image files and closed and reopened digikam. And now
a lot of tags are missing, plus the remaining tags still aren't as I
actually left them when I closed digiKam. And some tags still refuse to
be saved to the image file and also refuse to be saved to the sidecar file.
4. So I suppose the next step is to delete all the image files and start
again with the backup files that still have the old tags. But this seems
FWIW, I've been working on this problem for several hours last night,
several more hours this morning, and also for several years
More information about the Digikam-users