All tagging lost

SkyDiver skydivergm at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 12:44:02 BST 2017

Haven't used digiKam (5.6) for a while and when I launched it today I saw
that 5.7 is out.
After upgrading to 5.7 the Tags/People trees are empty.
(*) Since I haven't used the app in a while, I can't tell if this is a
direct result of the upgrade or not.

I rolled back to 5.6 and the behavior persisted so I re-installed 5.7.

I already lost all taging once in v5.6 and had to re-tag everything. This
time I first took a look at the database and noticed that all the data is
there, well organized in the various tables.

My configuration is:
    OS: Windows 10 64-bit
    MySQL: External instance, running on the same OS.

Here's a dump of the statistics from digiKam's Help menu:
    digikam version 5.7.0
    Images:
    BMP: 4
    JPG: 29108