Editing geolocation by pointing on a map

Timothy B. Taylor taylortb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 18:31:19 BST 2017

I am a new user. Windows 10, 64-bit. DigiKam 5.7.0-02 from the website.
Same behavior from 5.8.0-01 from Google Drive. Marble 2.2.0-1.

I have a particular interest in checking, editing and adding location
information to my photos. I would like to do this by pointing on a map.

After some considerable experimentation, I have resolved my issue down to
the following:

-- The DigiKam handbook [1] says, "Eventually you right click at the
desired position and choose Copy Coordinates."

-- Album view, selected desired photo, click item -> edit geolocation,
navigate map to desired position. Right click has no effect. No context
menu appears, no opportunity to choose Copy Coordinates or anything else.

Workaround:

-- Launch Marble as a separate app. Navigate to the appropriate spot. Right
click now works as expected. Choose Copy Coordinates.

Success!

Naturally I would prefer to do this all within DigiKam as I believe that is
what is intended.

Did I miss something? Thank you for your advice and suggestions, and thank
you for a great program! Tim

Timothy B. Taylor • taylortb at gmail.com • (571) 252-9024 •
http://taylortb.com

[1] https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/extragear-graphics/
digikam/tool-geolocation.html#geolocation-edit-coordinates