Reorganizing every thing

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 22:32:33 GMT 2017

I combined mine in a logic volume using lvm2 and mounted the whole thing as /mnt/pics and used it as the collection in digikam.
You can also mount all the drives in the same folder e.g.Drive A /mnt/pics/aDrive B /mnt/pics/bDrive C /mnt/pics/cand then use /mnt/pics as the collection.
If they are years of pictures instead of a b c you could use "2002-2006" , "2007-2010", 2010-2018" etc
Make sure to backup everything before moving around
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: digikam at 911networks.com Date: 2017-11-07  1:58 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Reorganizing every thing
Hi,

I have my images over 3 different drives (from all over the years) and
I want to reorganize everything and move them onto a single drive to
cleanup the mess.

How do I create the collection?

* 1 collection
* 1 collection per drive?

Eventually, all images will be deleted from these 3 drives and be
moved to the new drive.

DK 5.7.app on arch

--
sknahT