Import xmp from jpeg to database /sidecar

digikam at 911networks.com digikam at 911networks.com
Tue Nov 7 01:05:56 GMT 2017

On Mon, 06 Nov 2017 16:37:40 -0700
Andrey Goreev <aegoreev at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is from a darktable blog.Could be a good option for digikam
> too.---When loading sidecar files from lighttable, you can even
> treat a JPEG that was exported from darktable like an XMP file and
> manually select that since the JPEGs get the processing data
> embedded. It’s like a backup of the XMP with a preview. Caveat:
> When using LOTS of mask nodes (mostly with the brush mask) the XMP
> data might get too big so it’s no longer possible to embed in the
> JPEG, but in general it works.---

If you are considering that, then I would suggest a "better way" (I
think that it's better), it would be to do like rawtherapee. When
outputing a JPEG or TIFF, it offers to also create the settings file.

Rawtherapee uses .PP3 instead of XML but it's the same.

rawfile01.cr2 ==> jpeg-of-rawfile01.jpg and jpeg-of-rawfile01.jpg.out.pp3

--
sknahT

vyS