geolocalization with Raw

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 10:39:07 GMT 2017

> Hi All
>
> I'm using DK 5.7.0 on windows and recently I decided to work on raw files
> instead of Jpeg.
>
> so I have imported those files into DK and tried to geolocalize them. but
> I got the following errors when applying the changes

Writing metadata to RAW files is only supported by Exiv2 for only few file
format, and it said in Metadata config panel, it's dangerous : you can
corrupt files.

Personalty, as no improvement will be done from Exiv2 team about RAW
writing support, i propose to remove definitively this option for DK 6.0.0

Using XMP side car with RAW file will be the safe way for the future.

nevertheless the geolocalization icon is set on the pictures and if I go
> back into the tools, seems the information is here.

yes, typically in database, and in XMP sidecar if you enable the right
option.

> then I tried to open the map and I'm getting the following error.
> nevertheless, when clicking on Ok, I'm getting access to the map and I see
> the pictures on the right place.
>

> This error is fixed in 5.8.0 pre-version installer for Windows. This due
to changes in MArble component where plugins need to be stored in the
bundle. Try installer here :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzeiVr-byqt5Y0tIRWVWelRJenM