32 bits digiKam bundles : still necessary ?

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 21:02:17 GMT 2017

Linux Lite might be a good distro for 32 bit computers.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Andrey Goreev <aegoreev at gmail.com> Date: 2017-11-02  2:45 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: 32 bits digiKam bundles : still necessary ?
I would pick a linux distro that is going to support 32 bit for a while and talk to their packagers to see if they might be interested in supporting the 32 bit versionĀ  of digikam.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Jack Marxer <jmarxer at gmail.com> Date: 2017-11-02  2:22 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: 32 bits digiKam bundles : still necessary ?
I also think that dropping 32 bit versions is a good idea. It would allow more time and effort to be directed to improving digiKam.
Thank you for all your excellent work on digiKam, developers and maintainers. I've been using it for many years now and am very happy with it. I would like to see better face recognition and maybe dropping 32 bit versions might make more time and effort available for that improvement.
Jack Marxer