Moving sidecar files with images

Greger Stolt Nilsen gregersn at gmail.com
Tue May 16 20:42:25 BST 2017

I have tested digikam for a bit, and I really like it for organizing my
photos.
But I have a wish, or question.

I use other software to edit my raw files (most often Capture One, but also
RawTherapee). They store the settings for the edited images in sidecar
files, which can have different naming conventions or locations. And
sometimes I want to move an image from a folder to another.
It would be nice if digiKam had settings, or the possibility for a plugin,
where you could set up some schema for what sidecar files a user would want
to be brought with the photo that is being moved.

I would gladly look into it myself, if it maybe could be managed by writing
a plugin for digikam, but I need some pointers as to where to begin to
look.

Best wishes
--
Greger