Exporting IPTC tags to digikam tags (script)?

Richard Müller mueller.eisborn at googlemail.com
Mon May 29 16:16:14 BST 2017

Hi everyone, I'm using DK 5.5. In former times I used iMatch and have
(hierarchical) keywords stored as IPTC data. In DK these keywords
appear as "supplemental categories" in the IPTC metadata in the
following form:

IPTC.Keywords.geografie.deutschland.nrw.westfalen.affeln
IPTC.Keywords.geografie.deutschland.nrw.westfalen.sauerland
IPTC.Keywords.personen.familie.birte
IPTC.Keywords.personen.familie.brigitte

Now I want to use these keywords as DK tags in the following form:

geografie/deutschland/nrw/westfalen/affeln
geografie/deutschland/nrw/westfalen/sauerland
personen/familie/birte
personen/familie/brigitte

Since there are a lot of photos which follow the described scheme I'd
like to use a script, but I have no idea how to approach this. Any
ideas?

Thanks a lot,
-richard

Richard Müller . Am Spring 9 . D-58802 Balve
http://www.oeko-sorpe.de - http://www.phytoplankton.info -
http://independent.academia.edu/Richard