file not found.... -> no start!

jdd at dodin.org jdd at dodin.org
Sat May 27 07:59:20 BST 2017

Le 27/05/2017 à 07:32, Uwe Haider a écrit :
> For jdd the first message again (with the error-messages):

sorry :-(

>    146 digikam.general: Did not find album root album in hash
>    147 QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch

(...)

> - I have lost an harddisk (broken, unreadable) and tried to mount the
> backup instead ( I don't need this files absolut)
>
> - changed the configuration in digikam to the NAS-mariadb
>
> The main problem seems to be the QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine writing
> a disk full - how can I stop this? I think digikam will be able to check
> and repare the mariadb if it gets started.

disk full? the failed one?

> Or should I remove the Albumrootpath of the crashed hard disk manually?
>

> Any advice is welcome...

I don't use mysql because I find backing up is too difficult, when
backing up sqlite is extremely easy (simply copy the file).

But...

I tested a similar thning with my sqlite.

my config is a bit different, but the result may be not so. My main
collection disk is usb. I keep it most all the time on, but it could be
umounted.

I noticed at some moment (where I didn't have time to report bugs) my
collection on this usb disk where seen as local instead of removable;

so I made a backup copy of my base, then umounted the disk and reloaded
digikam (5.6 appimage)

no main  problem, apart of course collection disappearing, but lot of
error messages, of course

but when remounting the disk, digikam where starting but beginning to
scan all the collection anew and may be very long because it found
duplicates (of course). On a network, this very long time may explain
the final crash?

it do not really matters for me because I keep all the infos in the
photo files themselves, but I have lot of separate collection and
recreate then is boring

hope this helps - finally the better you can do IMHO is to keep a data
base backup and try to remove offending collections with phpmyadmin :-(

jdd